20120530

Let There Be Light

Light. The source of life. 

The sunset as seen from Sentosa, Singapore, on September 30, 2010. 

I was at Sentosa with my colleagues that day, setting up for a company's dinner-and-dance that was to take place after dusk. These photographs made me step back, pause, and think. I realize that all the people there that day missed out on the best part of visiting a beach, for all they saw were the lights we had set up.

We often forget how amazing sunrises and sunsets are, and how each day's is so unique. We take light for granted, as we do our lives. Back when I was working, I did 26-hour days, spending most of that time indoors. This day had given me a special opportunity, to see the real light.

As we start this month's exploration of light, I hope to look deeper and realize much more about everything I have become so accustomed to seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment