20120531

Color

A rainbow seen at the Niagara Falls from Buffalo, NY, the morning of November 1, 2006.

The refraction, reflection and refraction of light entering and leaving water droplets cause the spectrum of colors to appear, with red on the outer part, violet on the inner.

Color, wavelength, frequency, index of refraction. This phenomenon can all be explained by science.

Seeing this photograph makes me think not about the science behind it, but about how we can learn from nature and apply it to our work.

I had seen the falls the night before, on halloween, but all I did that night was head back to my hotel room to watch the opening night NBA game where the Heat received their rings then got thrashed. It was only in the morning that I truly got to appreciate the view, when there was light.

No comments:

Post a Comment